Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Leaving on a Jet Plane" and other sappy sentiments

So it is 4 PM on September 9th, meaning I leave for the airport in about 13 hours.  I'd assume that I'd be FREAKING out at this point, but I'm weirdly un-nervous.. mostly just crazy excited.  It's been sad saying goodbye to everyone (never a fun thing to do) and I've eaten pizza 4 times in the past 2 days (that's disgusting).  My buddy Kelly is on her way down from CT to hang out for the night and  bring me to the airport in the morning.. which is when I might break down and cry.. in public! Which I haven't done since junior year of high school when Mr. Cokeley gave me a zero because he thought I cheated on my lab report (I didn't.  Also, I majorly overreacted).


Anyhoo, here are some things I will miss and some things I am excited for:

Things I will miss:
Family & Friends (definitely number one on the list. Everyone come visit!!)
Richmond tailgates
Aunt Susan's cooking
New York City (getting major NYC "fomo")
The jersey shore (not the show)
Bud Light
Coors Light
Magic Hat #9
Jersey pizza
My full sized bed
Driving
Christmas time
Thanksgiving (anyone want to send me pumpkin pie & cranberry sauce in a can?)
Fourth of July BBQs
Dryers (you don't realize how convenient they are until you have to hang everything on a line)
Blending in

Thing I'm excited about!
Sunsets in Seoul (thank you, industrial pollution)
Misspelled Engrish signs
Asian techno festivals
Spicy foodz
Awesome public transportation
Learning Korean [??]
Reading for pleasure (although business statistics was always light reading)
Food without high fructose corn syrup (my enemy)
Not driving- i.e. No need for a DD
Politeness (I <3 buddhists)
Crazy fruits
No open container laws
Asian architecture
Korean BBQ (as i recently read in a trashy novel, "Anyone who says nothing tastes as good as being thin feels has obviously never had Korean barbecue")
Being close to Japan
Teaching little kids

That's all for now.  Stay tuned.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment