Monday, October 4, 2010

Becoming less confused every day

Korea is awesome!! I was a bit homesick last week but that has completely gone away.  I'm having a great time.  The week ended well and all the movies we made in class came out without too many mistakes.  I'm still not totally comfortable teaching but I'm getting the hang of it.  


Anyway, this past weekend was AWESOME.  Thursday I met up with a Korean friend that I worked with at Saatchi.. he lives in Seoul and doesn't start his (amazing) job until December.  It was so good to see him!  We had an awesome dinner in Hongdae then met up with some of his friends and went to a few different bars.  I had a great time.  I love going out with Koreans because they can actually speak the language and not just point to random stuff.

Saturday, I headed out to Cheorwon in the Gangwando province.  MJ works at a public school out there and one of her friends put together a huge rafting trip.  Saturday night, we stayed in a pension... which are just houses that they rent out.  You can either rent out the whole thing or just a couple of big rooms, and everyone sleeps on mats on the floor.  We had a big BBQ.

Sunday we woke up and went white water rafting.  It was cold but a lot of fun! And so beautiful!  It was "the grand canyon of Korea." 


After rafting, we went home, took warm showers (MJ's doesnt get cold after 3.5 minutes like mine does) and ordered pizza.  And then Chinese food.  It was pretty excessive. haha. I'll be full for the rest of the week. 
snuggling and watching Zoolander


It was a great weekend, and  I made some reallllly awesome friends, which is the best part of it all.   I'm looking forward to next weekend because a lot of people are coming into Seoul for Global Gathering... which will be epic.  But for now... back to the grind!

PS- Did you notice that whenever you listen to the postal service, you think that all of your electronic devices are going off? He has so many background noises that i always think my phone is ringing or my gchat is going off or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment