Monday, October 11, 2010

Global Gathering, etc.

So... this weekend was A-W-E-S-O-M-E, in capital letters with hyphens in between them.  It seems as if every weekend that passes just keeps getting better and better.  The themes of this weekend were "jager," "dancing" and "hot british guys."  What more could I ask for?

My classes Friday went by as slow as molasses, but it brightened up my day to hear my youngest level students say things like "my uncle wears my underwear" (the original sentence was "my uncle wears red underwear").  After classes I rushed over to Hongdae to meet a stranger for dinner, which obviously turned into staying out until 5 AM.  I swear, that place is a black hole.

Saturday night was the long anticipated Global Gathering.  It was everything I've ever wanted and more.  We headed to Hongdae in the afternoon to pre-game with rounds and rounds of jager bombs (Like.. where are we? jersey?).   There were free shuttles from Hongdae but we had the brilliant idea of taking the subway.  If you're ever going to global gathering in seoul.. do. not. take the subway there.  It brings you no where near the park you need to be at.  We wound up walking down rape road for about half an hour until we found the concert venue.  But alas... we found it!  We arrived right when Justice started playing.. they were amazing.  Fat Boy Slim played next.. he was sick... I had no idea he was so good, since the last time I heard anything of his was "praise you" from the cruel intentions soundtrack.  But yeah, he played an awesome DJ set, and we continued to drink jager into the night. 

whoever's idea it was to hand out those glow sticks was a genius


So that's about it! I can't believe I've been here for a month.  I don't have the "I just got here" excuse anymore, so I really need to get my shit together to a) learn Korean, and b) get more than one set of silverware for my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment